Monday, November 7, 2016

Blog Post #5 - Shading Project at Home ( Sorry again for no pictures D: )


At home I decided to draw my metal ruler on top of my dark wooden desk. I chose this because I thought that it would be challenging and interesting to draw the metal and then the grain of the wood. During this drawing I did find it really challenging to draw the grain of the wood because my desk is so dark it was hard to see the texture of it but, I think that it had a really nice contrast to my ruler which was a lighter color. Another difficult part of this was the light shine on the desk.
For this drawing I had my desk lamp shine down onto my desk and then reflect to the ruler. I did this because I wanted the lighting to be interesting but I also wanted it to be off of the ruler so you could see the measurement lines.
I think that it was easier to draw at home because then I could listen to the music on my phone which helps a lot and it was also quieter and I didn't feel like I had to rush through my drawing. I could take as much time as I wanted to when I wanted to, I didn't have a time limit or a time amount that I had to work on this. In all I am very happy with how my work turned out, I don't think I would have changed anything.

1 comment: