Monday, November 7, 2016

Blog Post #4 - Post Shading Project ( Didn't have pictures, sorry... D: )

       Since blog post #3 I don't think that I have shown improvement in my art, it was hard to add more detail in my drawings and cast shadow drawings are more difficult than I thought they could be. In all it was difficult but I may have gotten a little bit better.
       I think that the first drawing I did, the paint brush one turned out the best.  I think that it had the best detail but I think I could have worked on the cast shadow a bit more.  I think that the paint splatters and the brush bristles were the best part of that drawing but I still think I could have done a bit more with the shading and the paint splatters on the metal of the brush.  
In these projects the most difficult part has been the shading. In the future I think I should spend a bit more time on the shading rather than the basic shape of the object I'm drawing because I feel like I spent most of my time changing the shape of the actual drawing itself rather than working on more important things like shading and detail.
In this past week or two I learned that shading and detail are very important to a drawing. Instead of trying to make the shape perfect have people use their imaginations instead and work on the more important parts of the drawing like the details or shading. They are very important to a drawing because it makes the drawing look more 3D and less like a drawing, more like the actual object. They also help the drawing look like a picture rather than a drawing if thats what you're looking for.

1 comment: