Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Blog Post #1 - Shoe Practice Drawings


To start this project, I started by sighting it (obviously) and then I drew two lines.  The height of the shoe and the length, just so I could have the general idea of the size of the shoe.  When I was done with that part of the shoe I started to draw the basic shapes.  For the shoe drawing of it facing me I drew a sort of ice cream cone shape so I could get the angle right.  For the other shoe I started with a kind of deformed rectangle.  From there I started to draw the curves of the front, back and sides of the shoe.  Then I drew the different parts of the shoe, the mouth and the front of the shoe.  I finished with the laces, their holes and the wrinkles.

The sighting technique is important because if the hole of your shoe takes up half of the shoe in the drawing but 1/3 of the shoe in real life then you wont have enough room for the rest of the shoe.

The most challenging part of drawing my shoe was probably getting the shape right of the toe and the back of the shoe.  Another challenging part for me was doing the laces.

I think that my overall drawing performance of drawing has improved during this drawing, but mostly being able to get the proportions right.

The only thing I'm worried about in my final drawing of my shoe is the angle.

1 comment:

  1. Make sure you are responding to all parts of the prompt. Include gesture and contour in the explanation of your steps so I know you understand the art vocab and what technique they describe.

    "The most challenging part of drawing my shoe was probably getting the shape right of the toe and the back of the shoe. Another challenging part for me was doing the laces." - what did you do to overcome this?

    Why were you worried about the shoe angle?

    ReplyDelete